If circumstances dictate that a child is unable to attend school (for example if school is unable to open safely or if an individual child has an infectious illness, but is well enough to learn remotely) lessons will be provided via Seesaw to enable learning to continue at home. Children should also remember to read every day and practise spellings and times tables!
In such circumstances, whilst children are at home, they should submit work to their teacher on a daily basis via Seesaw. You can print out work and send in a photo of the completed task, screenshot a completed task and put that in Seesaw or even work from the webpage on paper and then send in a photograph of your work. Please assign the work to the ‘extra home-learning’ folder to indicate it has been completed at home. Parents of children in Early Years can share work with their teachers via Tapestry.
Please remember: If you are unwell, we do not expect you to complete school work. Just look after yourself and we look forwards to see you back in school soon!
What can I do to help my child?
While your child is at home (in any scenario), these tips can help make remote learning easier for them:
- Create a positive environment for your child to learn at home;
- Distinguish between weekdays and weekends, to separate school life and home life;
- Designate a working space if possible, and at the end of the day have a clear cut-off to signal school time is over;
- Create and stick to a routine, as this is what your child is used to at school. For example, eat breakfast at the same time each morning and make sure they're dressed before starting the ‘school’ day;
- Stick a timetable up on the wall so everyone knows what they should be doing when, and tick activities off throughout the day;
- Make time for exercise and breaks throughout the day to keep your child active.
Useful website links:
Please click on the images to go to the relevant website.
Please use Chrome, Firefox or Edge to access Seesaw online.
Alternatively, you can download the Seesaw app to use on compatible devices.
Please also see our Seesaw help videos for support.